Aim is the promotion of science, research and education in the context of advancing early-stage researchers at German universities. UniWiND/GUAT is a network of over 70 universities, mainly from Germany, which have central institutions for the qualification of doctoral candidates and postdocs. The network fosters cross-university exchange of good practices. It represents the member universities and acts on behalf of these institutions for the qualification of early-stage researchers.
- Annual public conferences
- Thematic task forces and networks
- Position papers
- Distribution of a toolbox for competency development (available in German, English planned)
- Mentoring programme for Graduate Academies‘ working staff members
- Advanced qualification for scientific managers
The General Assembly (Mitgliederversammlung) and the Executive Board (Vorstand) decide on objectives and activities of UniWiND/GUAT. The Executive Board represents the association in the public. It can rely on advice by the Scientific Advisory Board which consists of 12 members (representatives of university staff, doctoral and postdoctoral candidates, as well as representatives of scientific and research organisations, economy, culture and politics). The UniWiND office manages the day-to-day affairs of the association.