UKCGE Webinar: Good practices in online research supervision
UKGRAD is organizing a good-practice sharing workshop to hear case-studies from Research England/Office for Students Catalyst Fund projects sharing their approaches to enhancing the initial and ongoing professional development of research supervisors to better support the mental wellbeing of postgraduate researchers.
The workshop will explore:
- How to identify and address the mental health and wellbeing needs within the supervisory relationship
- When to recognise the limits of the supervisory relationship in resolving mental health and wellbeing difficulties
- How to embed mental health and wellbeing considerations in supervisor induction and training
- What supervisors should consider in the context of supporting mental health and wellbeing of doctoral researchers from diverse groups
- How to identify and resolve unhelpful patterns in supervisory relationships.
This workshop will share the outputs from the projects at:
- The University of Manchester
- The University of Portsmouth
- Newcastle University
- Durham University.