The mission of the Association for Professionals in Doctoral Education is to be the leading professional resource for advancement of professionals and those wishing to learn about the field with the ultimate goal to improve doctoral education.
The Network does this by:
- Establishing, promoting, and advocating professional standards and practices;
- Helping higher education institutions understand the roles and potential of professional staff;
- Promoting training resources and opportunities for professionals;
- Supporting professional growth and advancement for professionals;
- Facilitating relationships and interaction among professionals.